Data Privacy Statement
TelDolMed GmbH (hereinafter also referred to as ‘TelDolMed’), the owner and operator of www.medconsonline.com., offers the option of ordering second medical opinions online from medical Specialists cooperating with TelDolMed GmbH. The following privacy statement for the use of the services of TelDolMed GmbH, which supplements the General Terms and Conditions, is intended to provide you with comprehensive information as to how your personal data is collected and processed in course of the second opinion ordering and preparation and the implementation of contractual relationship serving this purpose.
Data protection is a matter of highest priority for TelDolMed GmbH. Some features of this internet platform can be used without submitting any personal data; however, if you choose to engage services provided by this site, processing of personal data could become necessary. If the processing of personal data is necessary and there is no statutory basis for such processing, we generally obtain consent from the data subject. The processing of any personal data shall always take place in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and in compliance with the country-specific data protection regulations applicable to TelDolMed GmbH.
In order for TelDolMed to process your second opinion request and for the Specialist to prepare the requested second opinion, essential details about you, your medical condition, your medical history and current symptoms are required. In view of state-of-the-art medical knowledge the Specialists cooperating with TelDolMed have developed questionnaires and lists of medical records relevant to each particular issue or medical area on which second medical opinions can be provided. The completed questionnaire and the requested medical records are uploaded under your personal account on www.medconsonline.com to be checked by TelDolMed staff for accuracy and adequacy, and to be further transmitted to the particular Specialist whom you put in charge of your second opinion order. Before you transmit your personal data to TelDolMed GmbH you will be expressly informed about the way your data will be used; your consent to collection and processing of your personal data is a mandatory requirement.
On our website we have also posted a questionnaire for medical professionals interested to join the team of experts providing second medical opinions through www.medconsonline.com, as well as a questionnaire for agents interested in participating in the promotion of our portal’s services. These questionnaires include only the data necessary to make an initial contact and consider the possibility of cooperation. Before transmitting personal data to TelDolMed GmbH, our potential partners receive comprehensive information on how their personal data will be used and confirm their consent to the collection and processing of their personal data.
Being responsible for data processing, TelDolMed GmbH has taken a number of technical and organizational measures to ensure the safest protection of personal data processed through this website. However data transmission through Internet may in general have security gaps, so absolute safety cannot be guaranteed. As a consequence, every data subject is free use alternative methods to transfer personal data to us, such as telephone.
I Terms & Definitions
This data protection statement is based on the terms applied by the European legislator in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our purpose is to make our data protection policy clear and comprehensible, therefore below please find the basic terms and their explanation.
1. Personal data. Personal data are any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”). Identifiable data subjects are those who can be directly or indirectly identified with regard to such identifiers as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more features specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of such natural person.
2. Data subject. Data subject is any identified or identifiable living subject whose personal data is processed.
3. Processing. Processing is any operation performed on personal data (whether those operations are automated or not). Such operations include (but are not limited to) collecting, recording, organizing, structuring, storing, modifying, consulting, using, publishing, combining, erasing and destroying data.
4. Restriction of processing. Restriction of processing is the marking of stored personal data with the aim of limiting their processing in the future.
5. Profiling. Profiling refers to any form of automated processing of personal data consisting of the use of personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyze or predict aspects concerning that natural person's performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, location or movements.
6. Pseudonymization. Pseudonymization is processing of personal data in such a way that the personal data can no longer be attributed to a specific data subject without the use of additional information, as long as such additional information is kept separately and is subject to technical and organizational measures to ensure that the personal data are not attributed to an identified or identifiable natural person.
7. Controller or controller responsible for the processing. Controller or controller responsible for the processing is the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or Member State law.
8. Processor. Processor refers to a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
9. Recipient. Recipient is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or another body, to which the personal data are disclosed, whether a third party or not. However, public authorities which may receive personal data in the framework of a particular inquiry in accordance with Union or Member State law shall not be regarded as recipients; the processing of those data by those public authorities shall comply with the applicable data protection rules according to the purposes of the processing.
10. Third party. Third party is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons authorized to process personal data under the direct authority of the controller or processor.
11. Consent. Consent of the data subject is any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject's wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her.
II Name and Address of the controller
Controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), other data protection laws applicable in Member states of the European Union and other provisions related to data protection is:
Telephone number: +49 2161 2946101
Fax number: +49 2161 2946102
With the help of cookies TelDolMed GmbH can provide the users of www.medconsonline.com with more user-friendly services that would be impossible without the cookie setting.
By means of a cookie, the information and offers on our website can be optimized to the users’ benefit. Cookies allow recognizing the website users to make it easier for them to utilize our website. For example, the visitor of the website using cookies does not have to enter access data each time the website is accessed since this is taken over by the website, and the cookie is thus stored on the user's computer system.
The data subject may prevent the setting of cookies by our website at any time by means of an appropriate setting of the Internet browser used and thus permanently object to the setting of cookies. Furthermore, cookies that have already been set can be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This can be done in all common Internet browsers. If the data subject deactivates the setting of cookies in the Internet browser used, not all functions of our website may be usable to the full extent.
IV Collection of General Data and Information
Whenever a data subject or automated system visits the TelDolMed GmbH web site, the site collects a set of general data and information. This general data and information are stored in the server log files. The collected data may include (1) the browser types and versions used, (2) the operating system used by the accessing system, (3) the website from which an accessing system reaches our website (so-called referrers), (4) the sub-websites, (5) the date and time of access to the Internet site, (6) an Internet protocol address (IP address), (7) the Internet service provider of the accessing system, and (8) any other similar data and information that may be used in case of attacks on our information technology systems.
When using such general data and information, TelDolMed GmbH does not draw any conclusions as regards the data subject. This information is rather needed to (1) ensure a correct delivery of our website content, (2) optimize the content of our website and its advertising, (3) ensure the permanent functioning of our information technology systems and website technology, and (4) provide law enforcement authorities with the information necessary for law enforcement in case of a cyber-attack. Therefore TelDolMed GmbH shall analyze the anonymously collected data and information statistically and also with the purpose of increasing the data protection and data security, eventually ensuring an optimal protection level for the personal data we process. The anonymous data of the server log files are stored separately from all personal data provided by a data subject.
V Registration on our Website
The data subject can register on www.medconsonline.com by providing personal data. Which personal data are transmitted to TelDolMed GmbH is determined by the respective input mask used for the registration. The personal data entered by the data subject are collected and stored exclusively for internal use by TelDolMed GmbH, and for its own purposes.
While registering on www.medconsonline.com the IP address assigned by the Internet service provider (ISP) and used by the data subject, the date and time of the registration are also stored. The storage of this data takes place since that this is the only way to prevent the misuse of our services, and, if necessary, to make it possible to investigate offenses committed. In this respect the storage of this data is necessary for the security of TelDolMed GmbH. This data is not passed on to third parties unless there is a statutory obligation to pass on the data, or if the transmission serves the aim of Law enforcement.
The registration of the data subject involving the voluntary provision of personal data, should enable the TelDolMed GmbH to offer the data subject contents or services that may only be offered to registered users due to the nature of the matter in question. Registered persons are free to change the personal data specified during the registration at any time, or to have them totally deleted from the database of TelDolMed GmbH.
TelDolMed GmbH shall at any time, upon the data subject’s request, provide information to each data subject as regards the nature of personal data stored about such data subject. Furthermore, TelDolMed GmbH shall correct or delete the personal data at the request or indication of the data subject, provided that this does not conflict with any statutory storage requirements. In this respect the data subjects contact any the staff of TelDolMed GmbH.
VI Possibility of Contact through the Websites
According to the statutory provisions the website of TelDolMed GmbH contains information that enables a quick electronic contact to our company, as well as direct communication with us, which also includes a general address of the so-called electronic mail (e-mail address). If a data subject contacts the controller by e-mail or via a contact form, the personal data transmitted by the data subject are automatically stored. Such personal data transmitted on a voluntary basis by a data subject to telDolMed are stored for the purpose of processing or contacting the data subject. There is no transfer of this personal data to third parties.
VII Comments/Testimonials on the Website
TelDolMed GmbH offers the users of its service the possibility to leave individual comments and testimonials about the second opinion experts on this site. If a data subject leaves a comment on this website, such comments are stored and posted, including the date of the statement and the pseudonym chosen by the data subject. Furthermore, the IP address assigned by the Internet service provider (ISP) to the data subject is also registered. This storage of the IP address takes place for security reasons and in the event that the person concerned violates the rights of third parties by posting a comment or posts illegal content. The storage of this personal data is therefore in own interest of TelDolMed GmbH, so that it could exculpate itself if necessary in the event of an infringement. This collected personal data shall not be passed to third parties, unless such a transfer is required by law or serves the legal defense of TelDolMed GmbH.
VIII Personal Data Deletion and Blocking
TelDolMed GmbH shall process and store the personal data of the data subject only as long as it is needed for the storage purpose, or to the extent specified by the European legislator or other legislators in laws or regulations to which TelDolMed GmbH, as the controller, is subject to.
If the storage purpose is no longer applicable, or if a storage period prescribed by the European legislator or another competent legislator expires, the personal data are routinely blocked or deleted in accordance with statutory provisions.
IX Rights of the Data Subject
1. Right of confirmation. Every data subject shall have the right granted by the European legislator to obtain confirmation from the controller as to whether personal data concerning him or her are being processed. If a data subject wishes to exercise this right, he or she may, at any time, contact any employee of the controller.
2. Right of access. Each data subject shall have the right granted by the European legislator to receive from the controller free information about the nature of the processed data at any time, as well as a copy of such information. Furthermore, the European directives and regulations entitle the data subject to get access to the following information:
- the purposes of the processing;
- the types of personal data being processed;
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organizations;
- whenever possible, the stipulated period of personal data storage, or, if not possible, the criteria applied to determine such period;
- the existence of the right to request from the controller correction or erasure of personal data, or restriction of processing of personal data relating to the data subject, or to object to such processing;
- the existence of the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- if the personal data are not collected from the data subject, all available information about the origin of the data;
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, pursuant to Article 22 para 1 and 4 of the GDPR and - at least in these cases - meaningful information about the logic involved and the significance and intended effects of such processing for the data subject.
Furthermore, the data subject shall have a right to obtain information as to whether personal data are transferred to a third country or to an international organization. Where this is the case, the data subject shall have the right to be informed of the appropriate safety measures relating to the transfer.
To exercise this right of access the data subject may, at any time, contact any employee of the controller.
3. Right to Correction. Any data subject shall have the right granted by the European legislator to demand an immediate correction of any inaccurate personal data concerning him or her. Furthermore, the data subject has the right, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to demand, including by means of a supplementary statement, the completion of incomplete personal data.
If a data subject wishes to exercise this right of correction, he or she may, at any time, contact any employee of the controller.
4.Right to Erasure (Right to be Forgotten).As granted by the European legislator, any data subject has the right to demand from the controller an immediate deletion of personal data concerning him or her, as long as one of the following reasons is applicable and insofar as the processing is not necessary:
- The personal data are no longer necessary as regards the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
- The data subject withdraws consent on which the processing is based in accordance with point (a) of Article 6 para 1 of the GDPR, or point (a) of Article 9 para 2 of the GDPR, and where there is no other legal ground for the processing.
- The data subject objects to the processing in line with Article 21 para 1 of the GDPR and there are no overriding lawful grounds for the processing, or the data subject objects to the processing as stated in Article 21 para 2 of the GDPR.
- The personal data have been unlawfully processed.
- The personal data must be erased in compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject.
- The personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services referred to in Article 8 para 1 of the GDPR.
In case one of the above-mentioned grounds applies, and a data subject wishes to request the erasure of personal data stored by TelDolMed GmbH, he or she may, at any time, contact any employee of the controller. An employee of TelDolMed GmbH shall promptly ensure that the erasure request is fulfilled without delay.
If the personal data has been made public by the controller and the controller, as the responsible party, is obliged to delete the personal data pursuant to Art. 17 para. 1 of the GDPR, the controller shall undertake appropriate actions, including technical measures, to inform other data controllers processing the personal data that the data subject has requested erasure by such controllers of any links to, or copy or replication of, those personal data, as far as processing is not required. The employee of TelDolMed GmbH shall arrange the measures appropriate in each particular case.
5. Right of Restriction of Processing. A data subject shall have the right granted by the European legislator to demand that the controller should restrict the processing of personal data whenever one of the following conditions applies:
- The accuracy of the personal data is denied by the data subject, namely for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data.
- The processing is unlawful and the data subject opposes the erasure of the personal data, requesting to restrict it use instead.
- the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the data subject for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- The data subject has objected to processing pursuant to Article 21 para 1 of the GDPR and it is not yet clear whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override those of the data subject.
If one of the above conditions is met, and a data subject wishes to request the restriction of the processing of personal data stored by the controller, he or she may at any time contact any employee of TeDolMed GmbH, the latter being obliged to arrange the restriction of the processing.
6. Data Portability Right. As granted by the European legislator, each data subject shall have the right to obtain the personal data provided to a controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. He or she shall have the right to transmit those data to another controller without restraint on behalf of the controller to which the personal data have been provided, as long as the processing is based on consent pursuant to point (a) of Article 6 para 1 of the GDPR or point (a) of Article 9 para 2 of the GDPR, or on a contract pursuant to point (b) of Article 6 para 1 of the GDPR, and the processing is carried out by automated means, as long as the processing is not necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
Furthermore, while exercising his or her data portability right in line with Article 20 para 1 of the GDPR, the data subject shall have the right to have personal data transmitted directly from one controller to another as long as it is technically feasible and when doing so does not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
In order to assert the right to data portability, the data subject may at any time contact any employee of TelDolMed GmbH.
7. Right to Object. Each data subject shall have the right granted by the European legislator to object, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, at any time, to processing of personal data concerning him or her, which is based on point (e) or (f) of Article 6 para 1 of the GDPR. This also applies to profiling based on these provisions.
TelDolMed GmbH shall cease to process the personal data in the event of such objection, unless we can provide compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or the processing takes place for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims.
If TelDolMed GmbH processes personal data for direct marketing purposes, the data subject shall have the right to object at any time to processing fur such purpose of his or her personal data. This applies to profiling insofar as it is associated with such direct marketing. If the data subject stands against the processing by TelDolMed GmbH for direct marketing purposes, TelDolMed GmbH shall no longer process the personal data for such purposes.
In addition, the data subject has the right, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, to object to processing of his or her personal data by TelDolMed GmbH for scientific research purposes, or for statistical purposes pursuant to Article 89 para 1 of the GDPR, unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest.
To implement the right to object the data subject may contact any employee of TelDolMed GmbH. The data subject is also free, in connection with the use of information society services, notwithstanding Directive 2002/58/EC, to exercise his or her right to object by means of automated procedures using technical specifications.
8. Automated Decision-Making in Individual Cases, including Profiling. Each data subject shall have the right granted by the European legislator not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which evolves legal effects concerning him or her, or similarly significantly affects him or her, as long as the decision (1) is not is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between the data subject and a data controller, or (2) is not authorized by Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject and which also lays down suitable measures to safeguard the data subject's rights and freedoms and legitimate interests, or (3) is not based on the data subject's explicit consent.
If the decision (1) is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between the data subject and a data controller, or (2) it is based on the data subject's explicit consent, TelDolMed GmbH shall undertake appropriate measures to protect the data subject's rights and freedoms and legitimate interests, at least the right to obtain human engagement on the part of the controller, to express his or her point of view and contest the decision.
If the data subject wishes to exercise the rights concerning automated individual decision-making, he or she may, at any time, contact any employee of TelDolMed GmbH.
Right to Revoke Consent Under Data Protection Law
Each data subject shall have the right granted by the European legislator to withdraw his or her consent to processing of his or her personal data at any time.
If the data subject wishes to exercise the right to withdraw the consent, he or she may, at any time, contact any employee of TelDolMed GmbH.
X Data protection for Applications and Application procedures
The data controller shall collect and process the personal data of applicants for the purpose of the processing of the application procedure. The processing may also be carried out electronically. This is the case, in particular, if an applicant submits corresponding application documents by e-mail or by means of a web form on the website to the controller. If the data controller concludes an employment contract with an applicant, the submitted data will be stored for the purpose of processing the employment relationship in compliance with legal requirements. If no employment contract is concluded with the applicant by the controller, the application documents shall be automatically erased two months after notification of the refusal decision, provided that no other legitimate interests of the controller are opposed to the erasure. Other legitimate interest in this relation is, e.g. a burden of proof in a procedure under the General Equal Treatment Act (AGG).
XI Data protection provisions about the application and use of Google Fonts API
On this website, the controller has integrated components of Google Fonts. Google Fonts API enables specific Fonts of the Website to be loaded quickly.
Provider: Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, USA
With each call-up to one of the individual pages of this Internet site, which is operated by the controller and on which a Google Fonts API component was integrated, the Internet browser on the information technology system of the data subject is automatically prompted to download a display of the corresponding Google Fonts API component. Further information about Google Fonts API may be obtained under https://fonts.google.com/about. During the course of this technical procedure, Google gain knowledge of what specific sub-page of our website was visited by the data subject.
If the data subject is logged in on Google account, Google recognizes with each call-up to a sub-page that contains a Google Font, which specific sub-page of our Internet site was visited by the data subject. This information is collected by Google and assigned to the respective Google account of the data subject.
Google will receive information through the Google Fonts API component that the data subject has visited our website, if the data subject at the time of the call to our website is logged in on Google; If such a transmission of this information to Google is not desirable for the data subject, the delivery may be prevented if the data subject logs off from their own Google account before a call-up to our website is made.
Google’s data protection provisions, available at https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/, provide information about the collection, processing and use of personal data by Google.
XII Data protection provisions about the application and use of Google Analytics (with anonymization function) and Google tag Manager.
a) Using Google analytics: on this website, the controller has integrated the component of Google Analytics (with the anonymizer function). Google Analytics is a web analytics service. Web analytics is the collection, gathering, and analysis of data about the behavior of visitors to websites. A web analysis service collects, inter alia, data about the website from which a person has come (the so-called referrer), which sub-pages were visited, or how often and for what duration a sub-page was viewed. Web analytics are mainly used for the optimization of a website and in order to carry out a cost-benefit analysis of Internet advertising.
The operator of the Google Analytics component is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, United States.
For the web analytics through Google Analytics the controller uses the application "_gat. _anonymizeIp". By means of this application the IP address of the Internet connection of the data subject is abridged and anonymized.
The purpose of the Google Analytics component is to analyze the traffic on our website. Google uses the collected data and information, inter alia, to evaluate the use of our website and to provide online reports, which show the activities on our websites, and to provide other services concerning the use of our Internet site for us.
Google Analytics places a cookie on the information technology system of the data subject. The definition of cookies is explained above. With the setting of the cookie, Google is enabled to analyze the use of our website. With each call-up to one of the individual pages of this Internet site, the Internet browser on the information technology system of the data subject will automatically submit data through the Google Analytics component for the purpose of online advertising and the settlement of commissions to Google. During the course of this technical procedure, the enterprise Google gains knowledge of personal information, such as the IP address of the data subject, which serves Google, inter alia, to understand the origin of visitors and clicks, and subsequently create commission settlements.
The cookie is used to store personal information, such as the access time, the location from which the access was made, and the frequency of visits of our website by the data subject. With each visit to our Internet site, such personal data, including the IP address of the Internet access used by the data subject, will be transmitted to Google in the United States of America. These personal data are stored by Google in the United States of America. Google may pass these personal data collected through the technical procedure to third parties.
The data subject may, as stated above, prevent the setting of cookies through our website at any time by means of a corresponding adjustment of the web browser used and thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Such an adjustment to the Internet browser used would also prevent Google Analytics from setting a cookie on the information technology system of the data subject. In addition, cookies already in use by Google Analytics may be deleted at any time via a web browser or other software programs.
Further information and the applicable data protection provisions of Google may be retrieved under https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ and under https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/terms/us/. Google Analytics is further explained under the following Link https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/.
b) Using Google Tag Manager: Google Tag Manager is a solution that allows marketers to manage website tags through a single interface. The Tool Tag Manager itself (which implements the tags) is a cookieless domain and does not collect any personal data. The tool triggers other tags, which in turn may collect data. Google Tag Manager does not access this data. If deactivation has been made at the domain or cookie level, it remains for all tracking tags implemented with Google Tag Manager. Google Tag Manager is further explained under the following link https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/tag-manager/use-policy/
XIII Data protection provisions about the application and use of Yandex Metrica.
This website also the web analytics service of Yandex. The service provider is Yandex LLC - Russian Federation, 119021, Moscow, 16, Leo Tolstoy St.
Yandex Metrica tracks and reports website traffic. Yandex uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Yandex services. Yandex may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. However, collecting data about individual users can be blocked with the Yandex.Metrica opt-out. The Yandex.Metrica opt-out is a browser add-on. It blocks storing cookie files on the user's computer and restricts data transmission to Yandex.Metrica. For more information on the privacy practices of Yandex, please visit the Yandex Privacy & Terms web page: https://yandex.com/legal/privacy/.
XIV Data protection provisions about the application and use of PostDicom
In order to transmit imaging diagnostic data to the specialists involved in the preparation of the second medical opinion that you’ve ordered, such data is posted on the internet platform PostDicom (https://www.postdicom.com/en/security) of PostDicom B.V. We will only pass on your personal data to the specialists if you have given your consent to it. In Annex 4 to the General Terms and Conditions, we ask for your consent to the transfer of your personal data to specialists.
XV Payment Method: Data Protection Provisions Regarding the Use of Stripe as a Payment Processor
On this website, the controller has integrated components of Stripe. Stripe is an online payment service provider. Stripe allows to pay via various other payment methods, such as credit card, giropay, SOFORT and so on.
The operating company of Stripe is Stripe Payments Europe, Ltd, 1 Grand Canal Street Lower, Grand Canal Dock, Dublin.
If the data subject chooses one of the online payment methods as the payment option on our website, the data of the data subject will be transmitted to Stripe. By doing so, the data subject agrees to the transmission of personal data required for payment processing.
The personal data transmitted to Stripe is usually first name, last name and email address, or other data necessary for payment processing.
The transmission of the data is aimed at payment processing and fraud prevention. The controller will transfer personal data to Stripe, in particular, if a legitimate interest in the transmission is given. The personal data exchanged between Stripe and the controller for the processing of the data will be transmitted by Stripe to economic credit agencies. This transmission is intended for identity and creditworthiness checks.
Stripe provides personal data to affiliated companies and service providers or subcontractors as far as this is necessary for the fulfillment of contractual obligations or data in order to be processed.
The data subject has the possibility to revoke the consent to the handling of personal data at any time from Stripe. A revocation shall not have any effect on personal data which must be processed, used or transmitted in accordance with (contractual) payment processing.
The applicable data protection provisions of Stripe may be retrieved under https://stripe.com/ie/privacy.
XVI Legal basis for the processing
Art. 6(1) lit. a GDPR serves as the legal basis for processing operations for which we obtain consent for a specific processing purpose. If the processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party, as is the case, for example, when processing operations are necessary for the supply of goods or to provide any other service, the processing is based on Article 6(1) lit. b GDPR. The same applies to such processing operations which are necessary for carrying out pre-contractual measures, for example in the case of inquiries concerning our products or services. Is our company subject to a legal obligation by which processing of personal data is required, such as for the fulfillment of tax obligations, the processing is based on Art. 6(1) lit. c GDPR. In rare cases, the processing of personal data may be necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person. This would be the case, for example, if a visitor were injured in our company and his name, age, health insurance data or other vital information would have to be passed on to a doctor, hospital or other third party. Then the processing would be based on Art. 6(1) lit. d GDPR. Finally, processing operations could be based on Article 6(1) lit. f GDPR. This legal basis is used for processing operations which are not covered by any of the abovementioned legal grounds, if processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by our company or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data. Such processing operations are particularly permissible because they have been specifically mentioned by the European legislator. He considered that a legitimate interest could be assumed if the data subject is a client of the controller (Recital 47 Sentence 2 GDPR).
XVII The legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party
Where the processing of personal data is based on Article 6(1) lit. f GDPR our legitimate interest is to carry out our business in favor of the well-being of all our employees and the shareholders.
XVIII Period for which the personal data will be stored
The criteria used to determine the period of storage of personal data is the respective statutory retention period. After expiration of that period, the corresponding data is routinely deleted, as long as it is no longer necessary for the fulfillment of the contract or the initiation of a contract.
XIX Provision of personal data as statutory or contractual requirement; Requirement necessary to enter into a contract; Obligation of the data subject to provide the personal data; possible consequences of failure to provide such data
We clarify that the provision of personal data is partly required by law (e.g. tax regulations) or can also result from contractual provisions (e.g. information on the contractual partner). Sometimes it may be necessary to conclude a contract that the data subject provides us with personal data, which must subsequently be processed by us. The data subject is, for example, obliged to provide us with personal data when our company signs a contract with him or her. The non-provision of the personal data would have the consequence that the contract with the data subject could not be concluded. Before personal data is provided by the data subject, the data subject must contact any employee. The employee clarifies to the data subject whether the provision of the personal data is required by law or contract or is necessary for the conclusion of the contract, whether there is an obligation to provide the personal data and the consequences of non-provision of the personal data.
XX Absence of automated decision-making
As a responsible company, we do not use automatic decision-making or profiling.