Expert opinions and online advice on general endocrinology delivered via your computer or mobile device. Second opinion is available wherever there is an internet. All you need is a PC or a smartphone.
Second Opinion on General endocrinology
Endocrinology is the study of the endocrine glands. These include, for example, the thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal and pituitary gland and the pancreas. Together with a large number of other hormone-producing cells, e.g. of the gastrointestinal tract and fatty tissue, they regulate and control various body functions by producing and secreting hormones.
Endocrinologists deal not only with relatively rare hormonal diseases, but also with more common conditions including osteoporosis, diabetes, goiter, and enlarged thyroid glands. Hormonal disorders are associated with disorders related to various groups - rheumatologic, pediatric, gynecologic, orthopedic, etc. Therefore, endocrinology is a very broad field of medicine, and the endocrinologist is usually a specialist in many medical branches.
He often acts as a "coordinator" who must know and understand all the interactions and connections, combining the efforts of various specialists.
The fact that a health issue has hormonal causes is not always recognized at first glance, so patients do not receive the appropriate treatment. In such cases, the endocrinologist becomes the last resort in a long chain of doctor appointments, the "last hope" in the patient’s lengthy ordeal.
What is the service about?
A second opinion on general endocrinology issues is a service which makes it possible to get a remote consultation of a qualified specialist, based on available medical summary or study results.
It might be helpful:
• to confirm the existing diagnosis;
• to make sure that the recommended treatment is correct;
• to obtain information on advanced methods of diagnostics and treatment relating to general endocrinology issues;
• to get expert commentary on previously performed exam results;
• to make the right choice if there are two or more possible therapeutic options.
What will the client get?
Diagnostic conclusion, observation and treatment proposals, based on the provided information. In case of the provided initial data incompleteness, will be given recommendations for additional examinations.
What data should be provided to get a second opinion?
- Medical report (desirable)
- The results of the examinations, including ECG at rest and under stress, echocardiography, Holter monitoring, pulmonary function examination (desirable)
- List of medications, along with details of dosage and frequency of use (required)
- Laboratory test results (desirable)
- Ultrasound examination of internal organs (desirable)
- Thyroid ultrasound examination (desirable)
- Doppler ultrasound examination of the blood flow
- Scintigraphy (desirable)
- CT or MRI (desirable)
What are the second opinion formats and terms?
Written second opinion:
- Making a report based on the data provided, the consulting specialist summary including a diagnostic report and recommendations for further diagnostic, treatment and observation tactics. Report size: up to 1 page.
- All services of written second opinion. Additionally:, a 10-minute video consultation with a doctor, including a visual patient examination, clarification of symptoms, radiology images consulting, explanation of the proposed treatment tactics, answering patient's questions.
- All services of written second opinion. Additionally: a 10-minute telephone consultation with a doctor, including clarification of symptoms, explanation of the proposed treatment tactics, answering patient's questions.
Specialists in General endocrinology
You do not have to spend hours getting through busy hospital lines, or sitting in waiting rooms. Expert advice will be delivered fast and free of your effort.
Sort by: [[ s.txt ]]sortsort
Nothing found, try changing search options