Expert opinions and online advice on thyroid diseases delivered via your computer or mobile device. Second opinion is available wherever there is an internet. All you need is a PC or a smartphone.
The thyroid gland is a vital hormone gland. It plays a major role in metabolism, growth and maturation of the body and helps regulate numerous bodily functions. To do this, it constantly releases a certain amount of thyroid hormones into the blood. If the metabolism requires more energy in certain situations, such as in cold weather or during pregnancy, it produces more hormones accordingly.
Thyroid diseases can occur at any age.
Basically, a distinction is made between malfunctions (hyper- and hypofunction) and changes in size and condition (enlargements, nodules, tumors). Often there are overlaps and mixed forms.
What is the service about?
A second opinion on thyroid diseases is a service which makes it possible to get a remote consultation of a qualified specialist, based on available medical summary or study results.
It might be helpful:
• to confirm the existing diagnosis;
• to make sure that the recommended treatment, e.g. a surgery, is correct;
• to obtain information on advanced methods of thyroid diseases diagnostics and treatment;
• to get expert commentary on previously performed exam results;
• to make the right choice if there are two or more possible therapeutic options.
What will the client get?
Diagnostic conclusion, observation and treatment proposals, based on the provided information. In case of the provided initial data incompleteness, will be given recommendations for additional examinations.
What data should be provided to get a second opinion?
- Medical report (preferred)
- Exam summaries, including a thyroid biopsy report (preferred)
- The list of your current medications, including their dosage and administration frequency (required)
- Laboratory test results (preferred)
- Thyroid ultrasound scan (preferred)
- Thyroid scintigraphy scan (preferred)
- A diagnostic opinion with treatment and follow-up recommendations based on the provided health information. If the available medical data are insufficient, you will be encouraged to get additional exams.
What are the second opinion formats and terms?
Written second opinion:
A summary of the provided medical records and the consulting expert’s report including the diagnostic opinion and recommendations. Report size: up to 1 page.
All services contained in the written second opinion plus an up to 15-minute video conference with the consulting physician in which the latter inquires about the symptoms, comments on the recommended treatment plan and answers the patient's questions.
All services contained in the written second opinion plus an up to 10-minute telephone talk with the consulting physician in which the latter explains the conclusions, discusses the recommended plan and answers the patient's questions.
Nothing found, try changing search options
Diagnostic tools are becoming so precise that one can see even the tiniest tumors that are not associated with any complaints at present, and are not to be associated with them in the future. However, treatment including surgery is increasingly becoming the option in such cases all over the world. Isn’t it worthwhile asking if it really makes sense?