Expert opinions and online advice on arrhythmia delivered via your computer or mobile device. Second opinion is available wherever there is an internet. All you need is a PC or a smartphone.
Second Opinion on Arrhythmia
Heart rhythm disorder is a condition when the heart beats too slowly, too quickly, or with too many pauses between the beats.
Symptoms and Consequences
Some cardiac arrhythmias cause little or no discomfort. However, in some cases dizziness, malaise, weakness, momentary loss of consciousness, anxiety, sweating, or shortness of breath may occur. If such a pathological condition lasts for a long time, it can weaken the heart. It also brings about an increased risk of stroke or sudden cardiac arrest.
Types of heart rhythm disorders
Rhythm disturbances are distinguished according to their place of origin and nature. With ventricular arrhythmias, the cause is in the heart chambers (ventricles), while with supraventricular arrhythmias the pathological impulse occurs in the atria or in the AV node (the connection between the atrium and ventricle).
A fast heartbeat is called tachycardia, and a slow heartbeat is called bradycardia.
The most common forms are:
- extrasystoles: additional heartbeats (premature ventricular contractions);
- conduction disorders: the electrical impulses from the conduction system are not being transmitted properly;
- tachycardia: a strong heartbeat with a sustained rapid heart rate of more than 100 beats per minute;
- bradycardia: heart rate below 50 beats per minute for prolonged periods of time at rest;
- atrial flutter and atrial fibrillation: atrial activity that is uncoordinated and too fast.
Not all heart rhythm disorders require therapy. It is prescribed depending on the diagnosis and symptoms. Basically, it includes various medications, and if they fail to work, doctors may recommend a cardiac pacemaker, electrical impulse therapy, or catheter ablation of arrhythmia foci.
What is the service about?
A second opinion on all arrhythmia related issues is a service which makes it possible to get a remote consultation of a qualified specialist, based on available medical summary or study results.
It might be helpful:
• to confirm the existing diagnosis;
• to make sure that the recommended treatment is correct;
• to obtain information on advanced methods of arrhythmia diagnostics and treatment;
• to get expert commentary on previously performed exam results;
• to make the right choice if there are two or more possible therapeutic options.
What will the client get?
Diagnostic conclusion, observation and treatment proposals, based on the provided information. In case of the provided initial data incompleteness, will be given recommendations for additional examinations.
What data should be provided to get a second opinion?
- Medical report (desirable)
- The results of the examinations, including ECG at rest and under stress, echocardiography, Holter monitoring, pulmonary function examination (desirable)
- List of medications, along with details of dosage and frequency of use (required)
- Laboratory test results (desirable)
- Chest x-ray (desirable)
- Heart and coronary vessels CT with angiography (desirable)
What are the second opinion formats and terms?
Written second opinion:
- Making a report based on the data provided, the consulting specialist summary including a diagnostic report and recommendations for further diagnostic, treatment and observation tactics. Report size: up to 1 page.
- All services of written second opinion. Additionally:, a 10-minute video consultation with a doctor, including a visual patient examination, clarification of symptoms, radiology images consulting, explanation of the proposed treatment tactics, answering patient's questions.
- All services of written second opinion. Additionally: a 10-minute telephone consultation with a doctor, including clarification of symptoms, explanation of the proposed treatment tactics, answering patient's questions.
Specialists in Arrhythmia
You do not have to spend hours getting through busy hospital lines, or sitting in waiting rooms. Expert advice will be delivered fast and free of your effort.
Sort by: [[ s.txt ]]sortsort
Nothing found, try changing search options
Reviews : Arrhythmia
Выражаю благодарность за прекрасно организованную заочную консультацию у кардиолога профессора Баумгарта. Профессор очень компетентно ответил на все мои вопросы, дал рекомендации. Особенно понравилось, что посоветовал новейшие медикаменты, которые мне …
Professor Baumgart did a great job explaining my heart issue, I mean things that’d been bothering me since my heart catheter procedure about a year ago. Gave some good advice too. Seems he’s got much experience. Considering a follow-up appointment in a c…