Expert opinions and online advice on atherosclerosis delivered via your computer or mobile device. Second opinion is available wherever there is an internet. All you need is a PC or a smartphone.
Second Opinion on Atherosclerosis
Atherosclerosis is a systemic degenerative disease of the arteries. It occurs when calcium, connective tissue and fat deposits develop in the blood vessels, which over time weakens their walls and impedes blood flow.
These pathological changes occur slowly. At first, they do not cause any symptoms. However, later, due to the progressive narrowing of the blood vessels, various organs, such as the heart, brain, kidneys, suffer from a reduced blood supply.
Congenital predisposition, an unhealthy lifestyle (unhealthy diet, lack of exercise) combined with risk factors such as diabetes, smoking and high blood pressure can contribute to the development of the disease.
Arteriosclerosis treatment plan depends on its stage. Medications (blood thinners, statins, drugs to control diabetes and blood pressure) may be prescribed, and endovascular (catheter) or surgical interventions (bypass surgery) may be performed for life-threatening stenosis.
What is the service about?
A second opinion on atherosclerosis is a service which makes it possible to get a remote consultation of a qualified specialist, based on available medical summary or study results.
It might be helpful:
• to confirm the existing diagnosis;
• to make sure that the recommended treatment is correct;
• to obtain information on advanced methods of atherosclerosis diagnostics and treatment;
• to get expert commentary on previously performed exam results;
• to make the right choice if there are two or more possible therapeutic options.
What will the client get?
A diagnostic conclusion, observation and treatment proposals, based on the provided information. In case of the provided initial data incompleteness, will be given recommendations for additional examinations.
What data should be provided to get a second opinion?
- Medical report (desirable)
- The results of the examinations, including ECG at rest and under stress, echocardiography, Holter monitoring, pulmonary function examination (desirable)
- List of medications, along with details of dosage and frequency of use (required)
- Laboratory test results (desirable)
- Heart and coronary vessels CT with angiography (desirable)
- Heart MRI with provocative testing (desirable)
- Cardiac catheter examination (desirable)
What are the second opinion formats and terms?
Written second opinion:
- Making a report based on the data provided, the consulting specialist summary including a diagnostic report and recommendations for further diagnostic, treatment and observation tactics. Report size: up to 1 page.
- All services of written second opinion. Additionally:, a 10-minute video consultation with a doctor, including a visual patient examination, clarification of symptoms, radiology images consulting, explanation of the proposed treatment tactics, answering patient's questions.
- All services of written second opinion. Additionally: a 10-minute telephone consultation with a doctor, including clarification of symptoms, explanation of the proposed treatment tactics, answering patient's questions.
Specialists in Atherosclerosis
You do not have to spend hours getting through busy hospital lines, or sitting in waiting rooms. Expert advice will be delivered fast and free of your effort.
Sort by: [[ s.txt ]]sortsort
Nothing found, try changing search options
Reviews : Atherosclerosis
Выражаю благодарность за прекрасно организованную заочную консультацию у кардиолога профессора Баумгарта. Профессор очень компетентно ответил на все мои вопросы, дал рекомендации. Особенно понравилось, что посоветовал новейшие медикаменты, которые мне …
Professor Baumgart did a great job explaining my heart issue, I mean things that’d been bothering me since my heart catheter procedure about a year ago. Gave some good advice too. Seems he’s got much experience. Considering a follow-up appointment in a c…