Expert opinions and online advice on coronary heart disease delivered via your computer or mobile device. Second opinion is available wherever there is an internet. All you need is a PC or a smartphone.
Second Opinion on Coronary heart disease
The heart is supplied with oxygen and nutrients through the coronary arteries. If the volume of blood flow decreases because of atherosclerotic deposits in the vessels, the heart begins to "suffocate," developing a pathological condition called coronary heart disease (CHD). Its other names are coronary artery disease (CAD), ischemic heart disease (IHD), myocardial ischemia, or simply heart disease.
It is one of the most common cardiac disorders worldwide and can lead to other serious conditions, such as weak heart muscle or heart attack.
Symptoms and risk factors
The main symptom of CHD is chest pain (angina). In addition to hereditary factors and diabetes, risk factors include smoking, high blood pressure, high blood lipids and obesity.
In some cases, the description of symptoms alone is sufficient to make a diagnosis. However, additional tests are usually required to evaluate the heart and coronary artery function, which and may include:
- resting ECG;
- ECG with exercise;
- cardiac ultrasound (echocardiography).
If necessary, additional examinations such as stress echocardiography, MRI or cardiac computed tomography may be prescribed. If indicated, cardiac catheterization is performed.
The aim of coronary heart disease therapy is to dilate the narrowed heart vessels. This should improve blood flow and its supply to the heart muscle. The key part of coronary heart disease management is drug therapy, which consists in the treatment of pathologies that constitute risk factors, and on the other, in the improvement of blood circulation. Taking anticoagulant drugs, especially aspirin, is a preventive measure to avoid a heart attack.
Under certain circumstances, a catheter procedure (angioplasty with stenting) is performed to restore blood flow. A stent (a metal implant shaped like a tube) is inserted into the coronary artery to support it from the inside and prevent it from closing again.
In particularly severe cases, bypass surgery may be needed to treat CHD. The narrowed coronary vessels are replaced by the patient's own healthy vessels, and the heart begins to receive enough oxygen again.
What is the service about?
A second opinion on all coronary heart disease issues is a service which makes it possible to get a remote consultation of a qualified specialist, based on available medical summary or study results.
It might be helpful:
• to confirm the existing diagnosis;
• to make sure that the recommended treatment is correct;
• to obtain information on advanced methods of coronary heart disease diagnostics and treatment;
• to get expert commentary on previously performed exam results;
• to make the right choice if there are two or more possible therapeutic options.
What will the client get?
Diagnostic conclusion, observation and treatment proposals, based on the provided information. In case of the provided initial data incompleteness, will be given recommendations for additional examinations.
What data should be provided to get a second opinion?
- Medical report (desirable)
- The results of the examinations, including ECG at rest and under stress, echocardiography, Holter monitoring, pulmonary function examination (desirable)
- List of medications, along with details of dosage and frequency of use (required)
- Laboratory test results (desirable)
- Heart and coronary vessels CT with angiography (desirable)
- Heart MRI with provocative testing (desirable)
- Cardiac catheter examination (desirable)
What are the second opinion formats and terms?
Written second opinion:
- Making a report based on the data provided, the consulting specialist summary including a diagnostic report and recommendations for further diagnostic, treatment and observation tactics. Report size: up to 1 page.
- All services of written second opinion. Additionally:, a 10-minute video consultation with a doctor, including a visual patient examination, clarification of symptoms, radiology images consulting, explanation of the proposed treatment tactics, answering patient's questions.
- All services of written second opinion. Additionally: a 10-minute telephone consultation with a doctor, including clarification of symptoms, explanation of the proposed treatment tactics, answering patient's questions.
Specialists in Coronary heart disease
You do not have to spend hours getting through busy hospital lines, or sitting in waiting rooms. Expert advice will be delivered fast and free of your effort.
Sort by: [[ s.txt ]]sortsort
Nothing found, try changing search options
Reviews : Coronary heart disease
Выражаю благодарность за прекрасно организованную заочную консультацию у кардиолога профессора Баумгарта. Профессор очень компетентно ответил на все мои вопросы, дал рекомендации. Особенно понравилось, что посоветовал новейшие медикаменты, которые мне …
Professor Baumgart did a great job explaining my heart issue, I mean things that’d been bothering me since my heart catheter procedure about a year ago. Gave some good advice too. Seems he’s got much experience. Considering a follow-up appointment in a c…